Monday 25 May 2015

A Body Shop Haul

Over the past couple of months, I have been buying a lot of things from The Body Shop and so I thought I'd share with you what I've picked up! I always like to see what other people are buying as I always think it helps towards my own decisions on purchasing a product so I hope that some of you will find this helpful!

I have quite problematic skin and most of the time I'm prone to having a lot of acne, and so I thought that I would try out a couple of things from the Tea Tree range! The first thing that I picked up was the Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion and I have just been using this on any seriously problematic areas to see if it will improve the appearance of break outs! To go with this I decided to try out the Tea Tree Night Lotion which I have been using every night since I got it, and it's my night time "serum" as such because I put this on after my toner but before moisturiser. The purpose of this lotion is to help improve the appearance of any breakouts as well as old scars and pigmentation problems, and so hopefully with continuous use of this product, I should see some sort of improvement with my skin!


I'd been looking around for a new serum for a while now after nearly finishing my old one and due to my skin being quite dry recently, I thought that I would try out something that has a lot more moisture in it. So, that's why I decided to pick up the Vitamin E Moisture Serum after trying a couple of things from the Vitamin E line before! And since I've been using this every morning in my routine, I do feel like my skin hasn't been anywhere near as dry and so I'll continue to use this and hope that my skin appreciates the added moisture in my routine!

I'm someone who doesn't really use face masks as often as I should, and because my skin can be quite sensitive, I'm always rather worried about what to use but I decided that I would try out the Warming Mineral Mask and I have been using this weekly, and I love the way it leaves my face feeling so clean! The heat from the mask, opens up the pores and so I feel like it deeply cleanses and cleans, and this is what I like about this mask! I could imagine this being lovely in the winter, when it's cold, as it really does heat up on the skin!

Another line that intrigued me is the Aloe range and this is something that I can use on my sensitive skin without having to worry about it being irritated and so I decided to pick up a couple of things from this range! The first being the Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser and the first thing that I liked about this was that it come in a 200ml bottle and so for me, that's a lot of product as I don't tend to go through cleanser that quickly! However, I love that I can put this on and it feels like it really cleans my skin without irritating it because it has nothing harsh in it (this cleanser doesn't even smell of anything)!! I have been using this almost every day, but I must admit that I still do love my Liz Earle Cleanser! The second product that I purchased from this line was the Aloe Protective Restoring Mask and this is something that I don't use too often, because it's more of a treatment for the skin that provides extra hydration which is what I feel like my skin has been needing! And so I've really been loving this, and this has even helped in the more oily areas of my skin!


I bought one make up item that I had been looking at for quite some time and I think it might be a dupe for the Nars Copacabana Illuminator and this is the Radiant Highlighter the only difference between these two products is that one is slightly pinker than the other! But I have been really enjoying using the highlighter under my foundation to just give that healthy glow to the skin, and this can also be used on top of foundation as a highlighter, but I do prefer it underneath the foundation!

One of my favourite products that I've bough just recently is the Vitamin C Eye Reviver Duo which I have used every day since I've had it! I love that one end has a roller ball with a liquid and the cooling sensation is used to help reduce any puffiness around the eye area and the other end has a cream that's applied with a die foot applicator and this is a yellow toned cream that I think helps counteract with the dark colours in the under eye area! This is a product that is packed with vitamin C and so it's really goof for the skin and since having this product, I've really wanted to try more from the Vitamin C range.


My most recent purchase from The Body Shop has been the Drops Of Youth Bouncy Sleeping Mask and this is a mask that has been designed to be left on overnight and it helps to improve the look of skin, making it bouncier and more youthful and I'll be using this every night to see if I can see any signs of improvement! This product is something that is a little more pricey but you do get 90ml of product and the texture of this product is almost like memory foam and so I feel like this would take a very long time to get through, and so if it does work, it is well worth the investment!

Have any of you tried these products? As I'm sure I will be leaving some in depth reviews once I've had the chance to try out all of these products for a while! But in the meantime, have any of you got any other recommendations from The Body Shop?

Abigail
xo

1 comment:

  1. I nominated you for the Liebster award/tag! Check it out :-) http://loraforever.blogspot.ie/2015/05/the-liebster-award-tag-get-to-know-me.html

    ReplyDelete