Thursday 19 January 2017

A Skincare Update

I made this post well over a year ago now all about my skincare routine, and I feel like my skincare game has changed dramatically in the past few months. I do have two products that are still the same, but everything else has been swapped out for something my skin is appreciating a lot more, which makes me and my skin happier!

My first routine of the day is of course the morning, and as someone who has oily areas to their face, I tend to find that I do produce a lot of oil at night sometimes, and so I use the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish to remove everything from my face and I have loved this product for years now! It just leaves my skin feeling so clean and fresh, and it doesn't have anything harsh in it which is great for my sensitive skin! The next product is the Mario Badescu Facial Spray and I use this straight after I've cleansed kind of like a toner, except it just puts hydration back into the skin, and with ingredients such as rose water and aloe, it feels really refreshing on the skin! I then use the Boots Time Delay Youth Maintain Eye Cream which is something I picked up because it was on offer at about £2 and I have been loving it! Since using it, my under eyes have felt a lot more hydrated, and I have also found that concealer applies easier and does not crease at all, so this product has been incredible for me!


This product is one I am still using and have been for a few years, the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo+ and I can honestly say that my acne scarring has been so much better for using this, and I use this everyday without fail as it just helps with any imperfections on the skin. Over the past few months, I have been trying out things from Lancome and the next product I use is the Genifique Youth Activating Serum which is a serum and I just love this because it's super hydrating, and it makes the skin look so radiant and I find that it really helps with any uneven texture on my skin! And lastly I use the Lancome Hydra Zen and since using this as my daily moisturiser, my skin feels a lot more hydrated and the skin texture has also felt a lot smoother which makes me extremely happy!


My evening routine does also include a couple of the same products including the facial spray and eye cream, but there are also a couple of different products. To remove my makeup, I still used the beloved Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil as I feel like it really gets rid of all the makeup so quickly and easily! I also love the fact that it's an oil with a pump which means mess free and just simple to use even when taking my makeup off feels like a chore! And the last product I like to use at night time is the night version of my day moisturiser, which is the Lancome Hydra Zen Nuit and this is the best night moisturiser I've ever used, it leaves my skin completely hydrated and it after regular use it even makes the skin look more luminous in the mornings!

There are also other products I thought I'd mention even though I don't use them everyday, but some of you may find them helpful in your routine as well! I have two different face masks that I like to use, the first being L'Oreal Pure Clay Detox mask and this is designed to deeply cleanse the pores and leave the face "detoxed" without drying the skin out! I love to use them directly on blemishes to really draw them out, or I use this in the places on my face such as my nose and cheeks where my pores are a little bigger just to cleanse them thoroughly. The other mask I like to use is the Manuka Doctor ApiClear Peel Off mask which has been a lifesaver for me since buying it! This mask is designed for congested skin and as someone who suffers with acne and scarring, this has really helped clear up my skin and it also leaves it feeling soft and glowing which is always a bonus!


The are two more products that I like to add into my routine and the first one is from La Roche Posay Lotion Micro Exfoliant and this is something that I only use one or twice a week as an exfoliating method. I find that this really gets deep in the pores especially on my nose and after using this, it just makes my skin feel so much smoother which makes applying making a lot easier! And the final product that I like to use is the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion which is a product people know about due to Kylie Jenner, and I love this because it dries out spots overnight and really helps to clear up any spots that are just appearing! This product just helps me to worry less abut anything popping up on my face, and so I feel so much better about my skin in general!

Have any of you used any of these products or can recommend anything else to add to my skincare routine? I'd love to know what products you like to use on yourselves!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment