Friday 26 January 2018

A Makeup Shakeup

I'm someone who gets so comfortable with routines and having a semi organised lifestyle, and this is no different for my makeup routine. However, just recently I've been finding myself trying out n

ew (and old things) and leaving some of my former holy grail products behind and so I thought I'd let you all in on what new stuff has been making changes to my face!


Something that I always seem to struggle with is finding a foundation that works for me for a long period of time, and so I feel like I'm constantly on the hunt for something new or just mixing a bunch of foundations together to see what works! At the moment what seems to be working for me is my very loved No 7 Beautifully Matte Light foundation which isn't anything new however, I've been mixing it with the Urban Decay All Nighter  and this combination together just seems to look flawless on my skin and last for such a long time! And I have to say that I don't think I'd go back to using the Urban Decay one on it's own as I found that it could be very drying on the skin and this is coming from someone who suffers with oily skin!

The next product that's new to my routine is something that I wish I had started using when it first launched! And this is the Benefit Hoola Lite and I can't thank Benefit enough for bringing all us pale skinned girls a bronzer that we can actually use without the worry of  looking orange! And I was someone who was determined to use the original Hoola even though I knew it was waaay too dark for me so I couldn't be happier that I now have the pale version in my life, because it's such a beautiful bronzer that just glides on effortlessly and can easily be built up or left as a light wash of colour depending on personal preference! High recommend for all the pale skinned girls out there!


As all makeup lovers will know, if you have a ridiculous amount of eyeshadow palettes, there's always gonna be some that you forget to use and somehow I stopped using the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance  and I really don't know how! But I've just recently picked it up again and fallen back in love with because I haven't stopped using it since! I don't even feel like I need to ramble about this product too much though, because it's been raved about by near enough everyone and if you haven't tried it out yet, I dunno what you're waiting for!

After finishing my last primer, I decided to try something new and I had seen a lot of people trying out The Body Shop Instamatte and I have been loving it so much, I'm now on my second tube! Being a silicone based primer, I use this mainly on my t-zone and I've found that it's really helped with the application of other products on top and it also helps with the longevity of makeup considering my skin is very oily! This product can also be used for a variety of things such as an eyeshadow base, a topcoat for lipstick to mattify a can be used on top of foundation for an oils that need controlling through the day! 

Something I've been using from the drugstore for a while now is the Rimmel Insta Contour Stick in the shade light and I feel like I've fallen in love with this! As someone who does like to cream contour, this is such a simple product to use! But I do have to admit, I only use the contour side of this, because I don't really feel like the highlighting side does anything. However the contour side is so creamy and easy to blend which makes it so good for every day use, and it also isn't too dark for my skin which is always a bonus!


I have also finally found a highlight that works so well with pale skin and it's the Ofra x Nikkie highlight in the shade Glazed DonutIt's an almost white highlight and I just find that it gives a lovely sheen on the skin for everyday use but its something that can also be built up to give a really intense glow on the skin! And I just find myself using this almost everyday because its so easy to use and goes with all the makeup looks I do!

These are just a few of things in my routine at the moment that I am loving, have any of you tried these products and love them as well? What are you favourite things to use in your collection?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment